The V. Liarommatis Company also produces plastic PVC-U water well pipes and screens. Their production is done from an automatic production line with CNC machine tools using high quality raw materials. It is the largest plant in Greece, producing geo-drilling pipes as per DIN 4925.
Plastic pipes present the following advantages:
- Exceptional resistance to most acids, alkaline solutions, soil constituents and corrosive ground waters and gases.
- Long operating life and load bearing capacity
- No toxicity; therefore, they are suitable for potable water pumping.
- Zero wear over time.
- Easy installation procedure.
- They are ecological and environment-friendly.
The broaching of screw threads on plastic pipes and screens is effected by a special CNC threading machine tool. The thread type is trapezoid as per DIN 4925, of 6mm – 12mm pitch according to pipe diameter. This type of thread is the most appropriate for water wells since it displays considerable load bearing capacity.
Manufacturing of plastic screens is carried out by special machine tools, and the screens have a slot width of 1mm – 3mm , transverse to the pipe axis. Moreover, there is the option of using gravel coated screens so that even sand suspended in the water may be contained.
Connection with socket Connection flush butt jointed