As well as metal water well pipes, the V. Liarommatis Company also produces plastic pipes and water well screens. It is the largest plant in Greece, producing geo-drilling pipes as per DIN 4925.
Plastic pipes present the following advantages:
– Exceptional resistance to most acids, alkaline solutions, soil constituents and corrosive ground waters and gases.
– Long operating life and load bearing capacity
– No toxicity; therefore, they are suitable for potable water pumping.
– Zero wear over time.
– Easy installation procedure.
– They are ecological and environment-friendly.
The broaching of screw threads on plastic pipes and screens is effected by a special CNC threading machine tool.
The thread type is trapezoid as per DIN 4925, of 6mm – 12mm pitch according to pipe diameter.
This type of thread is the most appropriate for water wells since it displays considerable load bearing capacity.
Manufacturing of plastic screens is carried out by special machine tools, and the screens have a slot width of 1mm – 3mm, transverse to the pipe axis. Moreover, there is the option of using gravel coated screens so that even sand suspended in the water may be contained.
Trapezoidal thread DIN 4925 Pitch 6mm-12mm
Connection with socket Connection flush butt jointed